Monday 8 April 2013

Design Strategy; Leeds based studios.





I've been researching more studios/designers but this time in Leeds. The reason I keep choosing different locations within the North is because this is ideally where I would like to be so by seeing who is out there, I know where to look for potential jobs. I've become quite fond of Leeds now and with living here I'm aware that it's quite a good city for design. I didn't want to just look at the studios that we've been linked to via uni because I know everyone will be looking at them so I've found some different ones that I feel link to my practice and interests within Graphic Design. I particularly love the work of Unit because they work with a range of different disciplines and one of these happens to be illustration. It's not often you find a studio that categorises this seperately so this says to me that they are quite active in this area. They've worked with some really big clients too so it may be a studio worth visiting for further insight. I've also included a freelancer within this post because I feel it's relevent to the research I'm doing. Although being freelance has never been something I've considered doing, I have found quite a few designers within Leeds recently so this gives me confidence in the fact it's a back up option for me. Obviously it's easier said than done though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment