Saturday 20 April 2013

Design Presence; website design.

I didn't feel quite brave enough to be writing my whole website from scratch being more of a print based designer so I have decided to utilise Cargo Collective because their website will guide me through the process in a way. Although I applied for my account a while ago I've only really just got stuck in. I struggled a bit to start with because I'm not very familiar with their website but kept at it until eventually it clicked, this has been a good learning curve for me really because I learn better sometimes If I teach myself and persist. I've managed to sort out an 'about' section and upload my first project so I now know exactly how Cargo works to be able to upload many more projects. I want the design to be really straight forward and simple because this will reflect my new branding design and my work in general. It will also make it easy for others to navigate around and showcase my work in the best possible way. I do have a personal domain/web address so I would eventually like to link this through my cargo for a more professional website address that I can add to my business cards. Once I get everything up on my website I might be a bit more adventerous with the layout and have a go at editing the CSS more but for now it does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment