Saturday 20 April 2013

Design Presence; personal rebrand.




I decided to rebrand myself because my old branding just doesn't appeal to me any more and I feel as though I was holding back with the previous design. I've decided to utilise my favourite colour throughout the designs so this connects to me personally and it's just a bonus that it's really bright and bold so will stand out visually. On my old branding I already had a hand rendered font but this time I've decided to go for my own hand writing to create my logo because again, this makes the design personal to me and also links to the way in which I work. I do like to design the majority of my imagery by hand before creating anything digitally so this idea really makes sense. Although the overall design still looks quite simple, I feel this is much more representative of me now. On my old business card, the logo was quite small and the design seemed to lack personality where as this one seems to shout a lot more and I feel shows the confidence that I've gained as a designer. I'm undecided on whether to keep the little smiley on the back of the business card because I'm not sure how professional this seems. I do feel there is justification however because it's a further representation of my personality (being quite cheery/quirky!) and links to the logo. I had a go at both landscape and portrait business card designs to see which I preferred and I definitely think I'll go for portrait because it's a bit more unique and will hopefully be memorable. I'm going to outsource the printing for these business cards online. This will also link to the fact my portfolio is going to be based on a portrait structure. I'm going to ask for feedback from others to be sure about this decision though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment