Thursday 18 April 2013

Design Strategy; the job hunt.

By speaking to people and searching online I've got a list of websites I've started checking regularly for job updates. I've started to find some job opportunities I feel would suit me too so this is really good. Sometimes I find it difficult to know what I'm looking at though because when it's through a recruitment agency, in some cases you have no idea which company you're applying to. I look on websites such as Creative Boom, The Guardian and YCN. I'm really struggling with the whole location situation too because I get quite disheartened when you scroll down a site and see 'London' numerous times. I know with it being such a big place theres more opportunties but London just isn't for me at all. I'm going to keep at it though and not let that put me off because opportunties with a more ideal location are slowly starting to multiply. I'm moving back in with my parents in June so ideally I'd like to be based somewhere commutable from home. We have great transport links though so I don't see this being a problem. I need to start applying for things now and putting myself out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment