Tuesday 23 April 2013

Design Strategy; the master plan.

*The dream*

Move back home with my parents
Get a design job 
Buy a car
Save up to get my own place 'Up North' 

This is my plan for after uni. Although I have an idea of who and where I would like to be I can't garuntee that it will run as smoothly as I hope. I'm moving back in with my parents as this is realistic for the time being until I get myself on my feet. I don't feel this is going to hinder me though because my home town has great travel connections which will make it really easy for me to commute initially when I get a design job. Ideally I'd like to be based 'Up North' when I do get a design job but I'm also open to comprimise. I've always felt comfortable in the North and I'm learning what a good design scene it appears to have based on researching various studios. I'd also still really like to illustrate in my own time because this is something I've always enjoyed. I'd love to have my own car eventually too. This will give me a lot of freedom and may open up opportunties in terms of work. My main goal once getting a design job is to move out and gain my indepedence again. It's obvious it will take me a while to save up but I feel i'll be in the best possible situation to do so by living with my parents. I definitely think how I feel about a place/location is going to impact on where I apply for jobs a little bit but also think it's important I'm happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment