Monday 15 April 2013

Design Strategy; internship.


My friends told me about this internship with Propaganda which is a worldwide indie night club. I looked into it and although it's absolutely perfect for me and I have all the skills they require, the location puts a massive downer on it. I worked out that even if I lived in a hostel during the week I still wouldn't be able to afford it based on this wage, one of the downsides to internships of course. Commuting would also be completely out of the question because it's 4 hours one way from where I'll be living as well as the money being an issue again. Although the location of this means that I won't go for it, it has restored my faith a little because I was really struggling to find things I thought I may enjoy. I'm really gutted about this because I think it would be an amazing opportunity but at least it's given me a little insight into the world of internships and the sometimes downsides to them as well as the practicality and importance of location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment