Monday 22 April 2013

Design Strategy; the north.


I've made the decision this year that ideally I'd like to be based in the North of the UK. There are a few contributing factors to this decision such as the fact I'm quite a family orientated person so would still like to be fairly close to them. I feel comfortable in all of the places within the north as I'm familiar with them. As I was brought up in North Yorkshire, the North in general just feels like home and I feel to be happy I need to be within my comfort zone to a certain extent. I don't feel as though I'm restricting myself with this decision based on the research I've done into design studios and freelancers because theres plenty of creative buzz. The North is also actually bigger than you realise so there has to be job opportunities somewhere and I have seen a few when I've been hunting. Most ideal places for getting a job would be Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and York or surrounding areas and I know of studios I like within all of these places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment