Tuesday 25 October 2011

'Wrap it up' packaging crit & overall task evaluation.

We had to leave our final packaging nets all made up as best as possible for others to crit so we could see how well we'd executed the task. The feedback was quite useful and if I were to take this task further i'm now more aware of the things I can do to make my packaging better. 
Overall this task has been of great use to me because it helped ease me back in to the design process after the summer break, it got me thinking creatively again and also reminded me how to critically evaluate the work of others. With creating the 150 logos this brought to my attention something that I was already aware of in a sense but had never put into practice so much, this was that creating so many ideas is actually more useful than just a few because the ideas may get better and more exciting the more there are. Using this process also gets rid of the 'worst' ideas first so I end up using some of my best. This task has also made me want to design for packaging in at least one of my projects this year as I quite enjoyed this aspect and experimenting with how the logo interacted with the packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment