Tuesday 25 October 2011

Good is... concept crit.

We presented our concept to a group of people who were completely unaware of what our ideas have been throughout this project so far. This was really helpful because it meant we could test to see if our ideas really did work when explained briefly and we could get some fresh opinions. The group gave feedback on my ideas as they stand at the moment. 


Strengths; 
- A full body of research shows that I understand my topic well. 
- Such a broad topic leaves for many ideas so i'm unlikely to get stuck. 
- I have many ideas already for products which can be brought together to create a range. 


Areas for improvement; 
- Choose some of my ideas that can work well together and focus.
- Use the fact that ipods have been out for so long with so many different generations to my advantage. 


Additional comments;
- A campaign may be more successful because people are already aware of what ipods are so there is only so far the information graphics idea can be taken, but a campaign can have a variation of products that serve different purposes. 
- Bring back the classics? 
- Limited edition/anniversary
- Recycle the ipod logo
- Could possibly come up with a collectors set so they don't necessarily need to work because they are there to be seen. 
- Could create the old style ipods as cases to put on the newer generations. 




This crit has really helped me in deciding where to take my project next. I feel changing my idea quite considerably is going to be more beneficial because some of the ideas above that have been suggested seem much more exciting and also give me more to work with. I will need to revisit my project rationale to clarify my new ideas and thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment