Tuesday 25 October 2011

Good is... concept crit.


Comment on the extent to which the initial research and development of the concept demonstrates a significant understanding of the chosen subject matter...
Good research about the history of the ipod, this could be developed into strong concepts. 

Comment on the extent to which the concept proposal exploits the practical and conceptual investigation and application of design for print... 
The apple branding is already quite strong so perhaps special finishes such as spot varnish and foil blocking will add to their strong design. 

Comment on the proposed range of products to be produced in response to a clearly identified problem...
A broad variety of different ideas, lots of different directions and possible outcomes. 

Additional comments...
More direction and a focus on one strong idea. 
Try more innovative packaging. 

ACTION PLAN
Possibly create an ad campaign to promote and inform people. 
Packaging design to enhance on Apple's existing packaging if possible. Look at colour schemes (Apple's previous stripy logo). 




Although I felt the comments made about my current concept were very brief they have helped me consider a new direction to take my work in but still with using some of the ideas I have already considered. I have very much warmed to the idea of create some kind of ad campaign as this seems to have a much greater potential and this project can also be my opportunity I have previously written about to experiment with packaging design. Overall I need to focus my ideas more so I am certain of the direction my project is going to take, this will include revisiting my current concept statement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment