Monday 30 April 2012

Product/Range/Distribution; First brief.

Based on the four briefs that i've chosen as my favourites from various competitions I have written my own brief. I've taken elements from the CSS brief and also the D&AD but overall my brief is mostly heavily based on the D&AD brief because this is the one I could imagine myself enjoying and gave me most opportunity to explore the things I enjoy. The bit I did take from the CSS brief however, is the fact they'd like the designs to be illustrative and this is the direction I want my brief to take. I didn't want my brief to be exactly like the D&AD one so tried to put my own twist on it. The problem I discovered to write my brief is that Little White Lies' main focus is on art-house films therefor limiting their target audience to those with this interest. I want to open this magazine up to the larger potential audience that it could have by using mainstream cinema to do so. By creating a limited edition series this means that it would be a one off and if it were successful, the magazine could look at releasing issues that are more often based around mainstream cinema. The target audience as a whole is people who have an interest in film and the industry. This brief will probably be re-written at least three times during the module based on decisions I make and how they may change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment