Sunday 29 April 2012

PPD study task six; Spreading the word pt 2.

As a starting point for my online presence I created an email address simply for anything design related. This means I can link up accounts I may make showcasing work on things such as twitter, facebook and behance so that any emails I may get off the back of those don't get mixed in with my every day emails. I can also include this sort of information on my business card and it seems more professional to have something specifically for design related elements. The email I created is kirstyaldersondesign@gmail.com.



I created a behance portfolio as a way of cataloguing my work as this is a huge creative network and may lead to me making new contacts. It's such an easy site to use once you get the hang of it and you can keep track of how many page visits you have so you get an idea of whether the work you are creating is interesting to other people. There is the option to comment so you can get feedback on work which could inform future projects. Another reason to create this was that it can easily be linked to social networking platforms and the link can be passed on to potential clients/studios so they can easily access your work too. This is the first time i've ever set anything like this up so i'm quite nervous for the response but looking forward to updating it with new and exciting projects!

I already had a twitter account but I have applied my branding to it and i'm hoping to make this a bit more design focused because as you can see it's currently like a 'dear diary'! I do already have creative contacts here and i'm hoping to build my contact based on it even more through the use of behance. It's a great way of keeping up to date with what people in the industry are getting up to and also to promote yourself. Also seems drastically more professional than facebook. 



No comments:

Post a Comment