Saturday 28 April 2012

PPD study task five; Making your mark.

I found a font I liked the look of online that I felt represented me as a designer really well due to it's hand drawn nature. I then took the font and tailored it to look exactly how I liked. These are the initial sketches I had for font ideas and how I was going to lay my name out. Initially I just want to use my name because nobody is likely to know who "KA" is and on its own it reminds people of Ford KA. 

I then decided it would be really relevent to have a logo because this can be applied to certain elements such as profile pictures on social networking and still be seen where as my full name can not. The two together make a lot of sense because they are the same style, I just added a unique twist on the intials to make them look a bit different and more exciting. These are the digital versions of my branding. 




Business Card


















Initially experimenting with layout and where to include to relevent information on my business card. Again, using blue as with the creative CV as this is my favourite colour so is 'part of' me. Due to my full name being able to be larger on the business card, it actually works in blue. Also exploring the idea of having a plain blue back to my business card, again in keeping with the design of the creative CV in terms of a minimalistic look. I feel my business cards might look quite good with rounded edges with being quite plain at this stage of my design ideas. Justified left also looks better because you read from left to right. 


Experimenting with the possibility of pattern but not sure because theres no real reason for it to be there. 

Satisfied with this layout because it utilises the white space and my name will be the first thing the client sees. 



Could print a range of different colours to reflect my personality and add a bit of variety to my simplistic design. 

Logo could also be included but I feel this doesn't look as good and it doesn't need to be there as my name is clear on the other side. 




Letterhead





Could have a blue back to match the business card and also include the logo so when the letter is folded this could be a unique 'stamp' clients will recognise.










Just experimenting with general layout but justified right works best as there is so much information on a letterhead, it brings balance to the whole design. Although at the moment it doesn't seem to balance out perfectly, once an actual letter is written it will look fine. I also realised having the 'stamp' where it is would work because the letter would be folded the opposite way so the clients address would be seen through the envelope. 



Compliment slip


The compliment slip didn't take much experimenting as I took the design from the letterhead but applied  it to a different format. 













No comments:

Post a Comment