Thursday 12 January 2012

Enterprise & innovation; Designer rates.

After using a similar sort of sheet to work out how much we would need to earn as designer on a yearly basis for the 'ideal lifestyle' we then worked out how much we would need to put into our business and employment costs, to finally come up with how much we would have to charge our clients. If we were to work with four other people plus the cost of business would be a lot cheaper for us because all the costs listed above would be split between four people, where as if we worked from home the cost would be more because only you are paying for this but then you don't have to think about things such as paying rent on a studio and extra heating costs ect because you'd be using facilties you already have. Whilst doing this particular workshop I realised there was a lot more to think about than I had first thought because I hadn't really considered factors such as the cost of books or magazines or legal costs (may or may not apply). I did this based on the fact I was a designer working from home but realistically i'd like to start by working for another studio rather than myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment