Wednesday 20 February 2013

Design Presence; portfolio.

Just before the portfolio surgeries I decided to take some of the projects out based on conversations I'd had with some of my peers. Some of the projects weren't my favourite and they suggested taking these out because I probably wouldn't be able to talk about them very comfortably unlike the ones below that I have left in. There was also the Coca-Cola brief, this project wasn't print based at all and that isn't who I am as a designer so this one definitely needed to go. I've also decided to shrink each project down to just one page. Before I felt like I was taking two for the sake of it and there was maybe a little too much white space. This format gives a hint of the projects but there is still much to be seen and advice is usually that you don't want to give everything away. I feel the text also sits a lot neater on a layout like this too. It's a small portfolio at the moment but I'd rather have that and love the work thats in there. 





This is my portfolio after the surgery with Ben and the changes he suggested. The main alteration I've made is to the typeface project. The products seemed to fall at the last hurdle a bit with this brief and it was more about the typefaces for me so I decided to just use these and explain the purpose they were designed for. This works a lot better because they appear a lot stronger just placed by themselves and I think I'll also feel a lot more confident talking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment