Monday 23 May 2011

Speaking from experience; final crit.



I feel the feedback from this crit was useful because my work was marked by my peers on the course so they are my target audience. Some of the feedback such as 'show more evidence of the opinions of others' wouldn't have been given if my blog was available to look at during the crit as this information can be found there. I do feel that I concentrated maybe a little too much on the booklet when I could have created a wider range of graphic outcomes, although the booklet was an important part of this project and my concept. I did experiment with typefaces and layout to a certain extent but this could have been a lot better. Overall I think the additional comments are relevant to my practice in general because throughout most of this year I have stuck to my comfort zone and need to try and break out of this. The reason I have spoken in the first person in a section of my booklet is because this project is about speaking from experience and I thought that if I included personal experiences then it would make it more believable. I also don't find it necessary to change the style of my book because its purpose in being how it currently is, is it could be stuck on the wall once folded out as possible a reminder for the student who has a copy. I've enjoyed this project because reflecting on the year has made me realise just how much i've experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment