Tuesday 28 May 2013

Evaluation.

I thought I'd do a mini evaluation because I feel I've got so much out of PPD this year and just generally in the past three years. Before doing PPD I hated presenting and I'll admit, I'm still not the biggest fan but I'm now able to stand at the front of a room and present without notes and feel confident in what I'm talking about so this is good progress! This year in particular I feel I've finally found where I would like to be within the industry, this is in a small graphic design studio, somewhere in the North of the UK. I've confirmed that I'm an image based designer throughout the DP module but I'm in no way looking to become freelance so I want to try and utilise this in my own time by selling things via my Etsy. I've applied for one job so far but I'm not too concerned because I'm taking a couple of weeks out to have a rest and gather my thoughts before ploughing into 'the real world' and then I'll be applying for anything that interests me! Initially on the job front, I was really worried because I'd read an ad for a job and think nope, that doesn't suit me or nope, I don't want to live in London but now I'm finding the location and the jobs that suit me so that has given me confidence. If I don't find a job straight away, I'm going to look at doing more work placements/internships so that I can gain more experience in Graphic Design that will hopefully go toward me getting a job. Overall, I'm feeling confident about my future and this has definitely got a lot to do with this module because it's given me the confidence I needed to talk to new people, in particular other professionals and decide exactly where I want to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment