Tuesday 26 April 2011

Visual language; end of module self-evaluation.

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them? 
I've developed a wide range of skills throughout this module but one of the main ones has been hand crafting my work and finding a style I like. This has been used effectively in a few of my projects and given them a unique edge. I've also developed group work skills because quite a few of the tasks involved working with other people, which is something I don't always enjoy.

What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process? 
I've gathered a mixture of primary and secondary research that has been used in developing my ideas. Some of the primary information i've gathered has been used in my final outcomes. The secondary research gave me inspiration for some of my ideas.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these? 
Hand crafted work is definitely a strength because it means my work is unique and I can create my own style. I will capitalise on this by using the hand crafting technique in other projects where it can become relevant.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
I feel as though I didn't maybe take as much time as I could have on the 'what is a line' project. I found it quite difficult to get into this project and didn't seem to have a definite idea of what I was doing throughout. The body of work could be a lot greater if i was to look back on it. In future I could possibly look at changing my whole idea to something i'm more sure of.

Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 
1. Spend more time on certain projects
I'll feel more positive about this work and the outcomes will more than likely be better.

2. Change my idea if i'm unsure of the original
I'll enjoy the project more and feel more motivated to do it.

3. Research more
My ideas will be more informed and have things to back them up.

4. Blog regularly
I won't forget anything and can look back on it when working on projects. I'll also be more organised.

5. Use different techniques
My work will become more interesting and i'll possibly even find my style.

No comments:

Post a Comment